Your eDOCS DM library is a great place to save scanned images economically. With BatchOCR it is now even easier to find these images later.
Imagine all your scanned documents able to be full-text indexed automatically: now it is possible with BatchOCR.
- Automatically creates an Optical Character Rendition (OCR) attachment for all specified TIF or PDF image files saved in a eDOCS DM library.
- Includes the popular ScanSoft 15.2 recognition engine.
- Produces rich text format or searchable PDF attachments.
- Runs as a Windows Service for unattended operation.
- Optional re-recognition if image is edited.
- Works with any image application.
- Fully compatible with both Fulcrum and Verity full-text indexing schemes.
- Supports 30 languages, many with automatic spelling detection and correction.
- NEW: Optional swapping of searchable PDF as document versions and TIF images as attachments
- Time Saving. No need to sit and wait while a document is OCRed before it is imported into the DMS. Scan, save the image and exit! (SSE)
- Greater Search Accuracy. No longer rely on users remembering to OCR the appropriate documents.
- Effortless Back File OCR. OCR documents can be batch scanned and imported into the system automatically.
- Automatic Rendition Update. No need to remember to re-OCR if an existing image is marked-up or edited. BatchOCR takes care of it for you.
- Automatic Full-Text Indexing.
- Optional conversion to searchable PDF attachment.
Pentium 4 or faster PC with 1GB of memory, 1GB of disk, Windows 2003. Supports DOCS Fusion 4.01/DM Server 5.x and higher and eDOCS DM5 and higher. May be used in DOCS Open client environments, but must be run in conjunction with a Fusion/DM Server.